In The News

• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #31 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Replied by ConcertForGeorgeNut on topic In The News
Hmmm....the name and the story are familiar. How long before the law suit against the Jordanian authorities ??

www.smh.com.au/world/cornelia-rau-locked-up -in-jordan-20090220-8dm6.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #32 by Memsahib
Replied by Memsahib on topic In The News
Yeah, it's a great way to make money. Her sister is now blaming Australian authorities for allowing her to leave the country without medication. For heaven's sake, if they forced her to take her medication with her (which they can't do anyway), they'd be accused of not allowing her freedom to choose. Anyway, she's accepted help from the German authorities. I think we're better off without people who, by what I've seen, abuse the system. Yes, I know she was treated wrongly in the past, but this is now. :S

Cheers

Mem

• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #33 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Replied by ConcertForGeorgeNut on topic In The News
Drives his busload of schoolkids to the local police station. Here's the story

news.ninemsn.com.au/national/757446/fed-...drove-kids-to-police

More
10 years 6 months ago #34 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic In The News
Yeah, that's a good story, George. :up:

One wonders how many times we've read about buses carrying a load of schoolkids, running off the road, plummeting dozens of metres and killing most of those on board, and we've blamed the busdriver? Perhaps it's unruly kids who were at fault?

I don't know, from the story that you posted, whether the busdriver left the kids at the cop shop so that the parents had to come and pick them up. That might've reinforced any "discipline" meted out by the school.

If you think I'm wrong then say "I think you're wrong". If you say, "You're wrong", how do you know?

More
10 years 6 months ago #35 by Memsahib
Replied by Memsahib on topic In The News
I think that might be the next step, Sozz, if the little sods don't pull their heads in. I have known a few bus drivers, and the kids make their lives hell.

One school bus I know of had to have a police officer travel on it at one stage. That's just appalling.

Mem

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #36 by Tushy

More
10 years 6 months ago #37 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic In The News
I heard about the story yesterday, listening to the details in shocked disbelief, and I'm appalled. I'm appalled, not just because of this catastrophe to the sporting world on the Indian sub-continent and the obvious political ramifications between India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, because this deliberate and well-planned attack was so senseless. How can people be recruited to organisations whose agenda is to bomb or machinegun people that have no ambitions other than to do something they're good at, who get paid for it, but don't otherwise hurt anyone? What is it about terrorism that each day grows bolder and stronger, carrying out acts that seem to grow worse in their enormity, their affront to common decency and their total disregard for human dignity? In what way can the world ever be a "better" place if these so-called "popular struggles" should be successful?

I know that it's impossible to have a rational discussion with terrorists because they've lost the plot; it;s difficult enough to have a rational discussion about terrorism. But is the only solution their total obliteration and elimination of their members? :(

If you think I'm wrong then say "I think you're wrong". If you say, "You're wrong", how do you know?

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #38 by Tushy
Replied by Tushy on topic In The News
Earthquake shakes Melbourne suburbs -- I was in the kitchen and the bottle and cups were shaking/rattling on the bench - I thought what the hell is that?

From fire to snow to earthquakes - gawd
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Tushy.

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #39 by Tushy
Replied by Tushy on topic In The News
Brutal winds as Hamish reaches Category 5
Makes you wonder with this weird weather .. These poor people, nothing worse than strong winds...eek

More
10 years 6 months ago #40 by stormyfeathers
Replied by stormyfeathers on topic In The News
Hopefully the cyclone remains off-shore. Apparently its not expected to cross for another 48 hours? Poor Queensland and theyre only getting over the last lot of flooding. Sure is strange. There were also three earthquakes with one being in Western Australia. What is going on with the extreme conditions?

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds