In The News

More
10 years 2 months ago #61 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic In The News
Oh Gawd (no, that wasn't a prayer!) "1 Mind Ministries", eh? I'd like to give 'em half a mind ...

But seriously, folks, when people join these half-baked, looney-fringe cults, what do they expect? Should we demand that all religions place warning labels on their products? Should copies of The Holy Bible in future come with government advisory labels that state, "Warning, the Attorney-General advises that the contents of this publication may seriously affect your belief systems." Should we have a cult "rating system", whereby the degree of cultability ranged from from 0 [least cultable] - say, for Buddhists, Catholics and university professors - through 5 [most cultable] - say, the Children of God, the Exclusive Bretheren and (possibly) the Boy Scouts.

If you think I'm wrong then say "I think you're wrong". If you say, "You're wrong", how do you know?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #62 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Replied by ConcertForGeorgeNut on topic In The News
High Court ruling expected today on challenge to government stimulus payments.

I got a HD television riding on the outcome of this. Stay tuned :silly:

More
10 years 2 months ago #63 by stormyfeathers
Replied by stormyfeathers on topic In The News
The court would have to give the stimulus package to the tax payers, I feel. The low income families of centrelink payments received theirs last month, including me. We received $900 for being a single income family plus $950 for each school age child even though we received the first stimulus package in december.

More
10 years 2 months ago #64 by SweetNess
Replied by SweetNess on topic In The News
Well, yeah! As a taxpayer, that's my money that they're handing out. No disrespect to ppl on centerlink or to parents intended, but who's to say that they're the only ones struggling in these tough economic times?

Unless you're the CEO of the Macquarie Group, everybody is having to cut back and it's a bit upsetting to us working stiffs to see all that tax money being rerouted by Robin Hood and his band of merry men in Canberra to just one segment of the population.

*•.¸¸ζẃεε†Йεςς¸¸.•*

• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #65 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Replied by ConcertForGeorgeNut on topic In The News
Stimulus package payments given the OK by the High Court. I was on the 'net last night, checking out prices for HD tellys :)

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #66 by Tushy
Replied by Tushy on topic In The News
Good one George : )
Lots of Sports haha

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #67 by Tushy
Replied by Tushy on topic In The News
God this is awful this Italian Earthquake in Abbruzzo
My best friends hubby's family is in Pescara, on the beach, not far from there but there are so many that have family in that area
I am sure I will hear all about it today
Very sad : (

More
10 years 2 months ago #68 by stormyfeathers
Farrah Fawcett looks like shes losing her battle with cancer & shes only 60, very sad.

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 2 months ago #69 by Tushy

More
10 years 2 months ago #70 by stormyfeathers
I feel she should keep her money, its her book, about her. Plus she has been convicted by a Balinese court, not by an Australian court. Chapelle will need this money to keep herself in good health. I still believe she is innocent, its her family that are dodgey.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds