In The News

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #91 by Tushy
Replied by Tushy on topic In The News
Glad to hear your OK George, sounds shocking on the news - I cant believe this weather at the moment up there
stay safe x

--

I was just reading this case which is sad about this kid that died --- but something that stuck out was that he didnt go to school for 4 mths or even more --- and nothing was followed up

thats slack.. they need to get on these peoples cases...
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Tushy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 4 weeks ago #92 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Replied by ConcertForGeorgeNut on topic In The News
Not sure how I feel about this just yet. Gay couple become parents to surrogate twins

news.ninemsn.com.au/national/817385/gay-cou ple-have-twins-by-indian-surrogate

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #93 by SweetNess
Replied by SweetNess on topic In The News
What's the problem? They can't do any worse than the hundreds of thousands of heterosexual couples who screw up their kids lives.

*•.¸¸ζẃεε†Йεςς¸¸.•*

• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 4 weeks ago #94 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Replied by ConcertForGeorgeNut on topic In The News
Absolutely right, 'Ness.

I guess my concern comes from the stigma that the children may face from elements of society. As usual, the adults have done what they want. In this particular situation, I'm just concerned that not much consideration has has been given to the children.

Still developing my thoughts on this story, so will probably add more later.

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #95 by Tushy
George I think kids today grow up with alot more awareness than what we had. Look at the papers and TV programs they are growing up with. Changing with the times.

Things we might say - OMG to, they look at us funny as if to say, and the problem is ? -- my daughter would lol

I think in the long run as long as the child is safe and well, thats all that matters in the end.
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by Tushy.

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 4 weeks ago #96 by Tushy
Check out this bloke - honestly - he was happy while he was racking in the moolah - Adios : )
Did nothing for Telstra..

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #97 by SweetNess
ConcertForGeorgeNut wrote:

I guess my concern comes from the stigma that the children may face from elements of society.

True, but why should the children bear the consequences for the shortcomings of those in our society who're too narrow-minded to see that the only thing that matters in any childs life is that they are happy and safe? Should gay couples be punished for the faults of the few?

*•.¸¸ζẃεε†Йεςς¸¸.•*

• Tushy
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 4 weeks ago #98 by Tushy
True Sweetness

Times change and people dont gasp at something different anymore... once it was divorced mums and kids living with her, then kids living with just the dad -omg no mum

This generation is so much more accepting to change and I see it in my kids, but then our parents probably said the same things about us...

Always something new coming out - just like unusual names for kids went through a phase and probably still is, if that happened in our parents times, they had something to say, now they dont bat an eyelid

boys have got girls names and vice versa - no big deal to them..

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #99 by stormyfeathers
Replied by stormyfeathers on topic In The News
I am not overly impressed by the news that a gay men couple have adopted children. This will show others that being gay is normal when it is far from normal. Call me narrow minded, bottom line is its immoral & abnormal.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #100 by SweetNess
The elements speak.

My brother is gay and there isn't an immoral or abnormal thing about him. My boss is gay and there's nothing immoral or abnormal about him either.

What strikes me as immoral and abnormal is not accepting ppl for who they are; shunning those who happen to have a different life style; dictating who should and shouldn't have the right to be in love, live together, and raise children together.

Let's keep up with the 21st century. We no longer believe that the earth is flat, we know now that the earth revolves around the sun, and tossing virgins into volcanoes will not guarantee good rains and good crops.

*•.¸¸ζẃεε†Йεςς¸¸.•*

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds