Quoroom Forum (15 Dec 2008)

The Quoroom forum is open for business.

bloody kids

• Annie
  • Annie's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #1740 by Annie
bloody kids was created by Annie
my youngest who is the baby of course has got into bother............ a former girlfriend out of spite, went to the police and had him charged with assault.............. he was interviewed by the police at length, he even has a disc of the interview....and they didnt charge him., but gave him a warning to be careful in future.He admitted to losing it, grabbing her behind the neck to get her off him........and then punching a sign in frustration..he wasnt drunk. He hadnt even had a drink.he is 18.

The Police told him that she may want to proceed with an AVO, which she did. So I went to court on Monday.....waited 2 hours and she didnt show. The magistrate was brilliant. In the statement she ( the applicant) had said " I cant remember if he pushed me over or I fell over?..please.......... the prosecutor who is about 12 I think was annoyed at the magistrate and wanted to pursue it. So we have to go back on the 23rd Sept for a hearing. UNless the matter is dropped beforehand which I truly hope it is.

I am not an advocate of violence but considering he was kicked in the stomach and had drink thrown at him I think he maintained a fair bit of composure. He has three witnesses to the event so it isnt a matter of me thinking he can do no wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #1741 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Replied by ConcertForGeorgeNut on topic bloody kids
G'day Annie,

I'm sure I would not like growing up as a young person these days. The world has changed so much in the time since I was your son's age. It seems to be that participating in violence "just is" a part of growing up as a teenager nowadays. I dunno why, and I dunno what the answer is.

I hope you and your son can find your way through this.

Many years ago, I made a choice not to become a parent. For me, I made the right choice.

• Annie
More
14 years 9 months ago #1742 by Annie
Replied by Annie on topic bloody kids
Thank you for replying George. It is very difficult to guide young ones when there is so much "acceptable" violence going on. The court system is like a procession......sure there are some serial offenders but that is another topic. I was saddenned and disgusted sitting there to see men dressed in suits to face the magistrate....lawyers and solicitors congregating outside having a smoke and a joke, prosecutors and defence lawyers seeming not to understand that a persons future and life is in the balance based on the decisions these people make.

I know Magistrates have copped flak lately for questionable decisions, but this man was truly great and seemed to have a sense of care but a sense of despair at the same time. Anyway I hope we dont have to return. I dont have to at all as he is 18 and considered an adult, but there is no way he will attend alone.

• Annie
More
14 years 7 months ago #1794 by Annie
Replied by Annie on topic bloody kids
well, we fought the AVo and won.......... the magistrate warned the girl about spiteful nuisance....... a load off my mind I can tell you

• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #1795 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Replied by ConcertForGeorgeNut on topic bloody kids
Good stuff, Annie. I'm not sure that "congratulations" is the right word to use here, but I'm glad you had a good outcome. I'm sure it's something you'd probably rather not have had to go through this stuff in the first place.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds