• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 10 months ago #1 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Message text outside of boundaries was created by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Hi Sozz,

This is not a big issue, but I've noticed over the past week or so that when I'm typing a message, the text does not wrap around to a new line when it comes to the right-side border of the text input area.

Cheers,
George.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Message text outside of boundaries
Thanks, mate. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and it would be helpful to see what you see.

There are, of course, as many reasons for why this is the case as there are people who live on the planet. It could be old age - OK, maybe it's not old age - or the mushrooms you ate last night ... ?

Seriously, it's probably one of the bzillions of oddities involved in your web browser (the program that's responsible for taking the information stored at the websites you visit and render them in an approximate way to that intended by the designers of those sites. Internet Explorer does it totally differently to Mozilla Firefox; and they both do things differently to Google Chrome; and it depends on what screen resolution you're using ... and zoom factor, browser add-ons/plug-ins, browser version, etc., etc.

All that I can say is that I haven't encountered the problem that you've discovered.

I made a few changes to the CSS a couple of months ago (to display the "speech-bubble" effect) and my research tells me that this technique won't work with IE 6, but I decided that IE6 wasn't likely to be a significant issue in my "work" from now on and I could reasonably expect few complaints from those quarters. :)

If you think I'm wrong then say "I think you're wrong". If you say, "You're wrong", how do you know?

More
9 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Message text outside of boundaries
Does the problem you reported earlier, George, still occur now?

If you think I'm wrong then say "I think you're wrong". If you say, "You're wrong", how do you know?

• ConcertForGeorgeNut
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by ConcertForGeorgeNut
Replied by ConcertForGeorgeNut on topic Message text outside of boundaries
Well, Sozz, as I type from my home PC right now, I am finding that the problem does not occur. The message text stays within the boundaries of the message area. The "problem", when it was happening, was happening when I was using a computer at the place I was minding.

So, all is well here, I think.

Cheers,
George

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds